We are back home and didn't get admitted today. She was sedated this morning for her bone marrow aspirate. Going without food just about killed us both. She was so crabby! The nurses in the wake-up room shooed us out of there with her in my arms still flailing. Maybe it had been a long day for them. She threw her spill-proof sippy cup full of root beer two times and somehow it somehow managed to spray all over the floor - so much for "spill-proof". She kept pulling off her little pulse meter thingy and she kicked so much that they never got a reading from her blood pressure cuff. I assured them that she hasn't had high blood pressure.
The wake-up nurses sent us back up to the empty Oncology Clinic where we met with Dr. Fluchell and debated for about an hour about either admitting her for the 5th (and final) round of chemo. He consulted Dayna (our Physician's Assistant) and Dr. Barnett. We all decided that it was most important to get her Cellulitis more healed before we start the final round of chemo.
Her Cellulitis is looking even better today. Her CRP (blood test that shows inflammation) was down to 1.4. A normal CRP is 0.8 or lower. Previously her CRP was as high as 21.0, so we know that her Cellulitis is slowly healing. It worried us all that it flared up over the weekend, but we hope that it continues to get smaller and smaller each day.
So, she is set up to be admitted for her chemotherapy round #5 on Tuesday, November 2nd. I had such mixed feelings as we were discussing the options with her doctors. I was all packed and ready to stay the night with Erin if they admitted us, but as I was driving off down the freeway I just knew that we would be coming home today. I am glad to be home and to spend the Halloween weekend here with my family.