Pages

On June 1, 2010 our two year old, "Little Air Bear," was diagnosed with Childhood Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Type M7. After enduring 146 days at Primary Children's Hospital, Erin is now in remission and living a full life at home with our family. Her strong will and constant happy smile is an inspiration to us all. Through our difficult circumstances we found great strength and peace in our Savior, Jesus Christ. Thank you for checking in on us.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Sweet Things

Friday night I arrived home to find that two little house cleaning elves had visited. My kitchen floor was sparkling clean, my kitchen table and chairs were cleaned and oiled, the fridge and microwave were spotless, the dishes were washed and put away, my floors were vacuumed, the bathroom had been cleaned, my shinny black piano was finger print free, the living room shelves and nightstands were dusted, and the sheets on my bed were clean. It was such a sweet gift to me. John had also left me a note telling me how much he loved me and how much he missed me when we are apart doing our hospital shifts. What a sweet husband! I am so thankful for the love that I have felt.

It is sometimes overwhelming to be able to thank everyone who does acts of kindness for our family.  I hope that all of you out there who have helped us in some way know how appreciative we are.  I have written some thank you cards, but it got to a point where I got behind and then it just got too overwhelming to be able to write so many.  So, I apologize if you don't ever get a thank you card.

I want to do my best to thank everyone, but I know that it would be impossible to name everyone.  I am so thankful for the doctors and nurses that we know so well now that they are like family.  I am thankful for our social worker, Kristen, at Primary Children's who comes by with a sincere smile and encouraging words.  I am thankful for Bonnie who hosts the parent hours, it is so fun to go make a craft and be able to chat with other parents and hear their stories.  I am thankful for the Ronald McDonald house and the generosity they have shown us.  I am thankful for Diana, Cris, and Heather who have stayed with Erin in the hospital and given us time to do things.  I am thankful for Bert & Linda for sharing their home with us.  I am thankful for the cooks who have brought many meals (and restaurant gift cards) that have been dropped off at our house.  I am thankful for the Activity Day Girls, and the Young Women who have given their time to do something nice for us.  I am thankful for all of  the random texts from Jamie that let me know that she is thinking of us.  I am thankful for my neighbor Peggy who has faithfully watered the flowers on the front of my house, it is a joy to drive up and see the pretty flowers welcoming us home.  I am thankful for everyone who has watched our kids (the Duresch's, McAllister's, Parker's, Albrecht's, Strickler's, Thomas', Klaassen's, Jewkes', Shirk's, Dustin's, White's, Hunt's) and helped them do their homework, do their hair, or drive them to lessons.  I am thankful for all of the juice bars (and much more) that the Strickler's have shared with my kids.  I am thankful for the chats and talks from all of you when you ask about how we're doing.  I am thankful for my mother who spends 3 days of her week watching Erin at the hospital and then watching my other 2 kids while I am at the hospital.  I am thankful for my Dad and my sister Emarie for all their babysitting in SLC and in Logan.  I am thankful for all of the prayers that come from so many places in the world.  I am thankful for those of you who have secretly done things to help us out, but I don't know who you are. 

When you are in the service of your fellow beings, you are in the service of God.  Thank you for being God's hands.  We are not carrying this burden alone.  Thank you so much for helping us carry it.

No comments:

Post a Comment