Pages

On June 1, 2010 our two year old, "Little Air Bear," was diagnosed with Childhood Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Type M7. After enduring 146 days at Primary Children's Hospital, Erin is now in remission and living a full life at home with our family. Her strong will and constant happy smile is an inspiration to us all. Through our difficult circumstances we found great strength and peace in our Savior, Jesus Christ. Thank you for checking in on us.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Still Zero.

Erin's ANC is still at zero.  I guess I just thought it'd come up sooner, but I will be patient.  She's been at zero for 14 days.  Her white blood count came up to 0.6 (it was 0.5 yesterday).  Every increase just makes me happy, even if it's small.  We were told that they would give her a transfusion today, but her red blood counts stayed about where they were yesterday so she won't need one until tomorrow. 

She got platelets on Monday and had an allergic reaction, not too bad though.  Her cheeks, forehead, chin and ears were all cherry red.  Her legs had welts on them.  A dose of Vistaril cleared everything up.

Things are so busy when I'm at home for such a short time.  I just feel like I'm running and running to get everything done.  I fit in 9 loads of laundry, cleaned some of the house, took the kids to/from school and tumbling, shoveled the driveway (THANK YOU 'whoever you are' that snowblowed our driveway after the big storm), did reading, piano, and homework with the kids, and I taught piano lessons to some of my students (Sorry Becky, we skipped flute today).  We took down the Halloween decorations (it's about time, my piano students kept telling me it wasn't Halloween anymore), put lights on our tree and put all the decorations up.  Then, we got the kids to bed (9:30pm!!) and I gave John a haircut.  It looks pretty good, if I say so myself.  

Putting up the decorations was a bitter-sweet experience.  I love Christmas and I love putting up the decorations.  I miss Erin and I feel so bad that she wasn't a part of our holiday decorating.  I am very thankful that she will be home for Christmas though.

Tonight we are going to our first HopeKids event "Santa's Elves" by the Pickleville Playhouse here in Logan, Utah.  HopeKids is a program for families with a child with a life-threatening disease.  They have so many events that are available multiple times in a week.  We just haven't been able to make it to one thing yet.  We have been looking forward to enjoying the company of other HopeKids families and getting a little time out together, even if it is without Erin.

I added some pictures below of Erin from last Christmas 2009.




Happy Holidays!

4 comments:

  1. She really looks like me in the middle picture with her mouth open. Scott's mom also mentioned that she thinks Erin looks like me. She follows your blog regularly. Scott put up our Christmas lights last weekend, but I'm not sure if we have anywhere to put a tree this year because the furniture from upstairs is in our living room during the remodel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dang... sorry she's still at zero! 14 days is really a long time to be at zero - for some reason that hadn't registered with me before. :)

    you are super woman! that is a very productive sounding day! maybe you should give lessons. :)

    hopefully you can all be at home for christmas soon!! keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've been coloring pictures for Erin's room! We'll try to bring them over tomorrow when you get back up to ICS. Every time I go down to the cafeteria to get dinner I wish you were here! Not sure how long we're here, but I hope we both get out of here soon! See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That IS a long time to be at zero. I hope they will come up soon and you can bust out of there! And NINE loads of laundry? Is that even POSSIBLE? That is a beyond productive day!

    ReplyDelete