White Blood Count: 0.5
However, I met with our Physician's Assistant yesterday and we got a few things done so that we can be ready to go home. We ordered prescriptions for when we're home. Her Voriconazole (anti fungal) is particularly tricky to find, and it costs $700 a bottle and lasts 14 days. Thank goodness for health insurance! Her Gynocologist came by and said her cellulitis is looking so small and okayed her to go home. The Infectious Disease Doctors have okayed her to go home on only the oral Clindamycin (antibiotic) so I'm so thankful that we won't need to have her on the Meropenem (another antibiotic) through her IV when we are home. I very much dislike doing IV meds at home since we don't get sleep when we have to do them.
She also got her medical papers for preschool signed. I am amazed to find out that she isn't allowed to get ANY vaccinations until June of 2011. And even then, if they are live vaccinations she can't have them until December 2011. That is a whole year away. Erin's counts will start to recover soon, and she'll come home. But, her counts won't be like yours and mine for about 6 more months!
If all goes well and Erin's counts come up speedily, then about 3 weeks after she comes home they will take her Central Line out. Oh boy, I CANNOT wait for them to take out her Central Line!!!!! It will probably be sometimes in the first part of January.