Pages

On June 1, 2010 our two year old, "Little Air Bear," was diagnosed with Childhood Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Type M7. After enduring 146 days at Primary Children's Hospital, Erin is now in remission and living a full life at home with our family. Her strong will and constant happy smile is an inspiration to us all. Through our difficult circumstances we found great strength and peace in our Savior, Jesus Christ. Thank you for checking in on us.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

There was a Beautiful Sunset Last Night.

Little Air Bear is getting so used to the hospital and the people here. The nurses all want to work with her. In the morning, they ask each other who gets to take care of our Erin. She is so loved!

During the first round of chemo Erin pretty much hated the pressure cuff when taking her blood pressure. This time around though, she barely notices that they are putting it on her. She doesn't mind many things, except the eye drops. She still really hates the eye drops. They only have to give them to her while she is having chemo and then 2 days after. So we only have to endure eye drops for 6 more days.

She knows how to run the DVD player through the wii and how to use the remote control. She's almost better at it than I am. I'll have to get her to play one of the wii games - or maybe I'll play it myself and let her watch (right!).

Today I had a volunteer play with Erin while I went to workout at the Jewish Community Center. It's a strange life "working out" at a facility, I'm still not used to it. I have always thought that exercise should be free for everyone (they gave us free use of the facility while we are here). I can't complain though, because it feels pretty good when I'm done, but nothing replaces the way I feel when I'm running in the fresh air seeing the beauties of the world around me. I would go running outside, but we are surrounded by hills, so it's either uphill or downhill running and there are no sidewalks and it's all busy two lane roads. So to save my knees from the hills and to not be flattened by a car I will continue to "workout" in this cool place. They do have tons of classes I can take, but I just never know when I'll have a volunteer to watch Erin and I often have less than an hour that I can be away. In any case, I can't wait to be back home to run the streets of Logan, but for now, I am thankful that I have access to this amazing facility.

Last night, after I put Erin down for bed, I went for a walk around campus. I sat in the grass and watched the sunset and the twinking of lights in downtown Salt Lake City. Primary Children's is located on the East mountainside and we have an outstanding view of the valley. I thought about the beautiful world that God and Jesus created for us and how blessed we are to live here. I thought about how amazing life is and how grateful I am that I am alive and experiencing this life. I thought about how grateful I am that there are ups and downs in life so that we can appreciate what we have been blessed with. I thought about how people are out there in the world suffering and I wished that I could help them not suffer. I wish that I could help everyone understand just how beautiful the gospel of Jesus Christ is. It is imperative that we know why we are here and what our purpose is in this life. I am thankful that I know who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment