On June 1, 2010 our two year old, "Little Air Bear," was diagnosed with Childhood Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Type M7. After enduring 146 days at Primary Children's Hospital, Erin is now in remission and living a full life at home with our family. Her strong will and constant happy smile is an inspiration to us all. Through our difficult circumstances we found great strength and peace in our Savior, Jesus Christ. Thank you for checking in on us.

Thursday, July 29, 2010


I just chatted with John on the phone and got the update for the day. He was so excited to tell me that she ate 3 pieces of pizza tonight! He said that she is getting back to her old self again. She was happy and they had a fun day together. She hasn't had a fever since Wednesday.

There was only one mishap today. Erin fell asleep on John's lap and when she woke up John stood up and her repaired tubing line just happened to be under his foot. He stepped on it and it broke off in the place where it had been repaired. Remember, her central line is a tube that runs straight to her heart, so having it exposed or broken can be fatal. He pushed the nurse button, set her on the bed and tried to get his central line clamp off his keys. The first few days after Erin was diagnosed in June our nurse gave us some clamps that we carry everywhere with us just in case her line ever breaks. The nurse got in the room and they clamped off her line. There was only one drop of blood that had escaped her line. About an hour later they had the IV Team come up and they repaired her line with extreme skill. I am actually grateful that we had the IV Team repair her line, nothing bad about our nurse who had previously done it, but with something so fragile to her health I much prefer to have an expert do the work.

Erin has started taking Caspofungin Acetate which is another anti-fungal just in case the nodules on her lungs are from a fungal infection. The doctors have not ruled out the possibility of her having a fungal infection. They want to do another CT Scan on Tuesday to see if her lungs have changed at all. From the sound of it though, she seems to be feeling much better today than she has all week. I'm sure that it is because of your prayers for her! Thank you so much for your prayers!

P.S. We have been cataloguing all of the medications Little Air Bear has received in the last two months, so far I have 19 different medications. However, I still need to find out what they gave her during the CT Scan to calm her down. That would be 3 more to add to the list.


  1. We are so glad that she is improving! Scary about the Central Line! I think I would have passed out and panicked!?!?

    I hope that she continues to rise with her ANC levels and that these fevers and infections can stop soon.

  2. I'm so glad she is feeling better! And I'm glad her central line is fixed! Hang in there everyone. We love you all!