Pages

On June 1, 2010 our two year old, "Little Air Bear," was diagnosed with Childhood Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Type M7. After enduring 146 days at Primary Children's Hospital, Erin is now in remission and living a full life at home with our family. Her strong will and constant happy smile is an inspiration to us all. Through our difficult circumstances we found great strength and peace in our Savior, Jesus Christ. Thank you for checking in on us.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Off to a great start

What a great day it has been! Erin and I slept surprising well last night, even though the nurses were in and out every 2 hours. She woke this morning happy as a lark and downed a very big breakfast. Much to my surprise she requested a banana to go with her breakfast. When breakfast arrived, the first thing she said, is "where's my banana?" Oops. I forgot to order it. Never fear, our CNA got us a banana in no time.

Speaking of the CNA, I should share something funny about her and Erin. While I was out this morning the CNA came into the hospital room to check Erin's vitals. She said that when she came into the room Erin said, "You're back again?" Our CNA Rachel was also our CNA a few times on our last round at the hospital. She has 2 girls that are 16 months apart and she really is such a fun person. Erin just loves her.

Erin and I had a fun morning and I traced her hand with markers on a piece of paper. She made me do it over and over. We are just going through notebook after notebook with that girl. It's so funny how she'll color almost an entire notebook in one sitting. She also colored the sheets and pillows too. Good thing it's washable marker.

She has done well for her first day on chemotherapy. She had a little diarrhea, but she doesn't seem nauseated.

I took Cecily and Caleb to Hogle Zoo this evening. 5:30 pm is the time to go to the zoo. We were just about the only people in the entire zoo and it was nice and shady. I don't like being there mid-day in the hot sun when it's crowded. We sat looking at the tiger for about 15 minutes while it swam around it's pool and played with some water toys. It was so entertaining! We left at about 7:00 pm and then headed back to the Ronald McDonald House. When I have more time I'll have to write about "Old McDonald's" as Caleb likes to call it. It is such a blessing to be able to stay here!

No comments:

Post a Comment