Pages

On June 1, 2010 our two year old, "Little Air Bear," was diagnosed with Childhood Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Type M7. After enduring 146 days at Primary Children's Hospital, Erin is now in remission and living a full life at home with our family. Her strong will and constant happy smile is an inspiration to us all. Through our difficult circumstances we found great strength and peace in our Savior, Jesus Christ. Thank you for checking in on us.

Friday, June 4, 2010

Acute Myeloid Leukemia: Lunch Time

acute myeloid leukemia

Erin is doing really well this morning. She has now completed her first day of Chemotherapy for her Acute Myeloid Leukemia. She is watching Dora The Explorer and eating mac and cheese. We are glad she is in the mood to eat since she wouldn't eat breakfast, probably due to the nausea. The chemo will change her taste for food and she may even loose her sense of taste. These things will be temporary, but we hope that she continues to eat healthily.

John and I have been rotating sleeping here at the hospital with Erin and in Farmington with my Uncle & Aunt, Bert & Linda Margetts. They have been so gracious to open their home to us, even giving us the code to get into the house at any time fo the day/night. We are able to sleep nicely in their basement in my Grandpa's King size bed. It's also been wonderful getting up in the morning and finding a sack lunch prepared for both of us. I have also been blessed to be able to practice a few hours on my Aunt's beautiful grand piano. The first time I sat to practice I felt a little guilty, that maybe I should be at the hospital with Erin. But touching the keys and moving my fingers in beautiful melodies has helped calm my soul and helped me know that it is also important to take care of myself as we go through this.

Erin has slept most of the day and seems a bit worn out, but she is her perky self when she's awake. John and I gave her a sponge bath and washed her hair. She just relaxed so much as we poured warm water over her head.

Tags: "Childhood Acute Myeloid Leukemia" "AML" "Leukemia" "M7" "Acute Megakaryocytic Leukemia"

No comments:

Post a Comment