Pages

On June 1, 2010 our two year old, "Little Air Bear," was diagnosed with Childhood Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Type M7. After enduring 146 days at Primary Children's Hospital, Erin is now in remission and living a full life at home with our family. Her strong will and constant happy smile is an inspiration to us all. Through our difficult circumstances we found great strength and peace in our Savior, Jesus Christ. Thank you for checking in on us.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

What to do while we wait?

We are in waiting mode. Erin finished her last chemo on Saturday.  She and John both cried.

I have some wonderful pictures and videos to post, but we left our downloading cord at home in Logan.  So, you'll have to wait 2-3 days before you get any visuals.  We have the cutest video of Erin saying, "no more chemo!"  Anticipation is everything!

So, we just sit here at Primary Children's and wait.  Wait.  Wait.  And, hope and pray that Erin doesn't get sick or get an infection while we wait.  We are waiting for her counts to come up.  Her ANC is zero.  I keep asking the nurses if it has come up yet, but we all know that it will take a few weeks for that to happen.

We should start a poll in the comments below. 

What day do you think that we'll be bringing Erin home? 

The doctors told us that this stay is average 21-25 days so that puts her around Dec. 8-12.  Winner gets to send us to Hawaii?  Fair deal?

Erin got a blood transfusion yesterday and she is due for platelets any day now.  She is jolly and full of energy and we sang "jingle bells" two times today.  I decorated Erin's room with red and green paper chains that we made the other day while we watched "the polar express".  The chains go all the way around the room, well at least they will when I finish them.  I only have just over 1 wall left to do.  :)

Erin is excited to be home for Christmas.  She prayed for Cecily, Caleb, Grandma, Grandpa and Santa Claus.  Ha ha!  She is really into Santa this year.

We are filling the hospital walls up with Christmas coloring book pages.  So, whip out the crayons and markers and send us your best Christmas coloring.  You can mail your coloring pages to:

Erin Hughes, Room 4412
Primary Children's Medical Center
100 North Mario Capecchi Drive
Salt Lake City, Utah 84113

Happy Thanksgiving Week!
I am thankful that Erin is done with her Chemo.

11 comments:

  1. I vote December 7th!

    Hehe, you must be a musician: Downloading "chord"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erin! I also noticed that I put Oct. instead of Dec. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote Dec. 4th. And I can't afford Hawaii but how would Festival of Trees be for a replacement?! My whole family is going at around 1:00 that day and we all wish Erin could come too. They would love to meet her! Super excited for you guys to be done! Yea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be fun to meet your girls, but it will probably have to be at another time. We are going to Festival of Trees on Saturday evening and then after that we are heading to the airport to pick up Annie from her mission! I am excited to see the Festival of Trees - I told a few nurses about how you are doing a tree for Erin and they are going to see it now. Thank you so much Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am putting my vote in for December 5th!

    I am SO happy and excited for you guys to be done!! This Christmas will truly be wonderful for you all! I am so glad you'll get to be together as a family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. December 11 is my guess. Hawaii it is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let's move it up and say the 1st! What the heck. Might as well think positively!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go ERIN!! SO happy you are done! You are one tough little girl!! I am going to hope you get to go home early, Come on counts! I am voting for December 8th!! YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HOORAY!!! NO MORE CHEMO, ERIN! I am guessing that December 3rd will be the day!! Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving!
    --Marie Steele

    ReplyDelete
  10. December 9th... At the latest. Yay Hawaii! If you can get here, our door is open!! (Laie, Oahu. And I'm serious- we have an extra queen bed!) - Stacey (berry) Cannon

    ReplyDelete