Pages

On June 1, 2010 our two year old, "Little Air Bear," was diagnosed with Childhood Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Type M7. After enduring 146 days at Primary Children's Hospital, Erin is now in remission and living a full life at home with our family. Her strong will and constant happy smile is an inspiration to us all. Through our difficult circumstances we found great strength and peace in our Savior, Jesus Christ. Thank you for checking in on us.

Friday, November 19, 2010

Estimated Going Home Date

I had a good chat with Dr. Barnette and he informed me that Erin's last round will be 21 to 25 days starting yesterday.  So, our estimated GO HOME date would be roughly Dec 8 to Dec 12.  But, Erin's counts always seem to come up quickly, so hopefully we'll be done before then.  They will take her central line out of her chest roughly 2 to 4 weeks after we come home.  That said, if she is on any IV antibiotics for her cellulitis then the central line would stay in place longer.  I'm hoping to start 2011 without a central line sticking out of my daughter and with cancer far behind us!

Erin is tolerating her high doses of ARA-C (chemo) really well so far.  She has had diarrhea, but she's still eating and playing.  She has been tired a lot, but really pretty happy.  Her hair is starting to grow back from being off chemo for a month.  I hope it doesn't fall out from this last chemo round.  It's been really exciting to feel her peach like head.  She is excited too, and she says, "my hair is growing back."

1 comment:

  1. John and Jill can I tell you how amazing you, and your family is to me. My 13 year old son had to have a thing taken out of his arm and it was no big deal, but I found my self complaining that I had to put peroxide and neosporin on his arm 5 times a day. I couldn't even do that right we never did do it the 5 times. To read your blog and see the stash of medicines My hat goes off to you!!!! Gwen

    ReplyDelete