On June 1, 2010 our two year old, "Little Air Bear," was diagnosed with Childhood Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Type M7. After enduring 146 days at Primary Children's Hospital, Erin is now in remission and living a full life at home with our family. Her strong will and constant happy smile is an inspiration to us all. Through our difficult circumstances we found great strength and peace in our Savior, Jesus Christ. Thank you for checking in on us.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

It's the Weekend!

The only way we know it's the weekend here is that the halls are much more empty and the cafeteria is less busy.  Other than that, it's just another day.

Yesterday when Erin woke from her nap she woke up with a croupy cough.  It was instantaneous.  We got the Nurse Practitioner here right away and she listened to her, we gave her a saline mist and about 15 minutes late she was back to normal.  The same croupy cough thing happened during her last hospital stay.  It is very strange, maybe an allergic reaction to the chemo?  It is so odd that it instantly comes and then immediately leaves.  She sounded so wheezy and sick and then she was totally back to normal. 

Today I woke up to see Erin sitting up in her bed.  She gave me a huge smile and a happy wave.  Waking up in the mornings (when she is happy) is seriously one of the most golden experiences here!

She had her 4th dose (of 8) of the ARA-C, that means she's halfway through with her ARA-C.  Yeah!  She still dislikes her eye drops and she isn't keen on being touched over and over by the staff.  She has not really been herself today though.  She seems more tired and less active.  When I took her out in the halls to play she didn't want to run.  She didn't really get excited about anything.  Maybe the fun of playing in the halls has worn off.  After all, she has been here FOREVER!  She rode a tricycle for a little while and then I brought her back in her room.  We started watching The Swan Princess and she fell asleep in the beginning.  I guess she is pretty worn out. 

My Dad is coming to stay with Erin and then tomorrow my Mom will be coming for a few days.  I will be back on Wednesday evening to see my little air bear.  She will be about through with this round of chemo when I get back.  I very much dislike having our family spit between Logan and the hospital.  The night after Erin and I left for the hospital, Cecily (5 years old), told John that she was sad that Erin was gone and that she missed her.  She is such a tender sweet big sister.  There is something that we are to learn from this experience.  We have always valued our family, but this experience has brought us all closer together than I could have imagined. 

No comments:

Post a Comment