Pages

On June 1, 2010 our two year old, "Little Air Bear," was diagnosed with Childhood Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Type M7. After enduring 146 days at Primary Children's Hospital, Erin is now in remission and living a full life at home with our family. Her strong will and constant happy smile is an inspiration to us all. Through our difficult circumstances we found great strength and peace in our Savior, Jesus Christ. Thank you for checking in on us.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Halloween Decorating

Erin has an infection somewhere in her body.  The blood drawn from both of her lines yesterday came back as showing infection.  She had a little fever yesterday, but it didn't get higher than 101 degrees F.  She had a little fever in the night, but from what I know she hasn't had anymore.  We aren't sure where the infection is, it could even be the little sores on the top of her bald head.  She is on the Vancomycin (antibiotic) and hopefully that will help her get better soon.  She's still in really good spirits, she's not as sick as she has been in the past.  Her ANC is still zero and we expect it to stay at zero for 2 weeks or more.

Tonight we decorated our house with our Halloween decorations.  Halloween in my favorite holiday, I know that may sound strange, but I just love dressing up and I love the spooky decorations and things.  Cecily & Caleb are really excited about Halloween and they could hardly contain themselves while we put the decorations up. 

It always seems to be the hardest having Erin gone when John and I are together in our house without her.  All day I've been expecting to hear her little sweet voice come around the corner.  There is an empty place in my heart when she is not here.  It's so lonely without her, even when there's commotion going on.  I really really really want her to be home for Halloween so that she can go trick-or-treating.  I just really want that.  I want her to be able to have a normal childhood experience, especially one that I love so much.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so sad to hear about Erin's infection. Darn it! I hope she gets better soon! Lots of prayers going your direction!

    Halloween is my husband's favorite holiday, too. :) Are things still on track for you guys to go home mid-October? I guess it kind of depends on the infection and how things go. I hope Erin will be home and well for Halloween! I know what you mean about wanting normal childhood experiences for your child. Its hard to watch your child sit by and miss things or not be able to participate, etc. I think that's one of the hardest parts. We were in the hospital for Easter. All of Easter week actually. It was hard... it didn't really feel like Easter. The night before, we ran down to the cafeteria to buy some treats to try and do something for Elena - something "normal" - we had totally forgotten.

    We will be praying for you guys and Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i saw you putting them up! your kids are SO excited for Halloween :) you better be coming by my house so i can see their costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that she can have that experience too. We experienced many of our Christmas' in PCMC. I wish more than once that we could have just been home. Sharing a normal holiday. I understand. I hope the infections can be figured out too. She is such a trooper and so cute!

    ReplyDelete