Pages

On June 1, 2010 our two year old, "Little Air Bear," was diagnosed with Childhood Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Type M7. After enduring 146 days at Primary Children's Hospital, Erin is now in remission and living a full life at home with our family. Her strong will and constant happy smile is an inspiration to us all. Through our difficult circumstances we found great strength and peace in our Savior, Jesus Christ. Thank you for checking in on us.

Monday, December 12, 2011

3 Days

Only 3 days until Erin's one year cancer free mark!
This morning as I was doing the laundry I noticed something on my laundry basket that I hadn't remembered was there.  A little sticker that read "Room 2214".  That was the last room number Erin stayed in at Primary Children's.  I used to haul that basket to/from the ICS laundry.  Seeing that sticker brought back some reminders of life living in the hospital and doing the laundry there.

I remember washing my clothes and Erin's clothes several times when she'd pee the chemo out of her diaper and get us with it.  During chemo time they would keep her so hydrated that we had to faithfully change and weigh her diapers every 2 hours.  Occasionally a diaper would leak and I'd find myself with chemo-pee on my lap soaking my pants (I know this happened to John and Aunt Diana too, and probably some others who stayed with Erin).  This was actually very dangers for me, even though we put the chemo straight into Erin's blood stream.  This is just one of those memories that I'm thankful is far behind us.  I think I'll take the sticker off my laundry basket.

Today I wanted to share two videos taken of Erin this week.

Erin singing "Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town"
(we sing this all the time whenever someone in the family throws a tantrum)


Erin and Caleb dancing to "Princess Erin"
written especially for Erin by Songs of Love


1 comment:

  1. Your house is so much fun!! I love the dancing--I remember when Erin used to do that little shoulder shrug even as a tiny baby. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete