Pages

On June 1, 2010 our two year old, "Little Air Bear," was diagnosed with Childhood Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Type M7. After enduring 146 days at Primary Children's Hospital, Erin is now in remission and living a full life at home with our family. Her strong will and constant happy smile is an inspiration to us all. Through our difficult circumstances we found great strength and peace in our Savior, Jesus Christ. Thank you for checking in on us.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

2-1 Days

Well it's TOMORROW!
Erin will hit her one year mark tomorrow, Dec. 14th.

Okay, so silly me, I know my post should read 2 days, but in all this counting down I actually started counting wrong from the start.  Ha ha, it's embarrassing and funny all at the same time.  So, now we're down to 1 day.  Wow, time flies, it's like I skipped a whole day!

Today I'm thankful for
Erin

Erin is such a joy in my life.  We had our 3 kids in a whirlwind of 34 months and Erin was meant to come when she did.  She is such a kind sibling too, she is very compassionate when someone in our family gets hurt.  She is always the first one to respond with sympathy.  She is one of the strongest little people, she can endure intense pain and all through it she would still be smiling.  She used to thank the nurses after they'd do something to her.  Erin has a way of getting just what she wants, she is persistent in her desires and she is pretty willing to try new things.  She is very mature for her age, she understands the feelings of others and she is right up there in trying to be big like her two older siblings.  This morning (after much begging) I gave Erin her first piano lesson.  She was thrilled (I hope she keeps that attitude) to be sitting at the piano like the rest of the family and she is a little natural when it comes to music.  She has a great love for learning and is mastering her first reading book.  She really tries hard to be good.  She knows a lot about a lot of things.  She thinks that she knows how to drive and she likes to backseat drive, always telling me to slow down and not hit the car in front, or to go when the light turns green.  She has been a great little shopping buddy while the kids are at school, she always asks for a sucker at the bank or a treat in the store.  She loves to dance and she has a great imagination.  I love to hear her playing with her little doll house and the great conversations her dolls have.  She is full of energy and has a great love for life.

I'm thankful to have Erin in my life!

3 comments:

  1. That is beautiful. You've gotta make sure that you print it and put it some place special.. there are going to be times, as there are in everyone's life, when she doubts herself, or maybe even times when she doubts how much you love her (you know, the teens can be difficult even in the best families), she can read this and be reminded how much you love her. I'm enjoying your countdown. I think that everyone who survives cancer is a blessing and those of us who have lost ones to it need to be able to celebrate with those who have survived. Or, maybe it's just me that needs to do that. Yeah Erin, and all y'all. Thank you for continuing to share Jill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you saved the best for last! erin is an AMAZING little girl. i've only been around her 5 or 6 times, but i have been so impressed the times i have. she has a very special spirit- you can't help but feel it. happy one year to you all!! what a milestone!

    and the bit about erin backseat driving totally cracked me up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Erin! I'm glad you hit your one year mark!! I was especially excited to hear about your first piano lesson and your first reading book. I love to read books and play the piano too! Keep working hard! I love you!

    ReplyDelete