Pages

On June 1, 2010 our two year old, "Little Air Bear," was diagnosed with Childhood Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Type M7. After enduring 146 days at Primary Children's Hospital, Erin is now in remission and living a full life at home with our family. Her strong will and constant happy smile is an inspiration to us all. Through our difficult circumstances we found great strength and peace in our Savior, Jesus Christ. Thank you for checking in on us.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Double Infections

This blog has really had blogpost-famine.  Until today, when I actually decide to post not just one, but two entries.  I guess I'm just feeling the documentation itch.

The second week of february we had Erin at InstaCare for a serious ear infection which we got all fixed up before our Disneyland trip with some extra-days-on-top-of-the-normal-dosed-days of antibiotics becuase she had finished some antibiotics in January for a sinus infection and we really wanted to just kill all infections in her little body.

After some serious screaming while going pee tonight we had Erin back at InstaCare for what I thought was a bladder infection.  Turns out she's got a yeast infection, ANOTHER ear infection and a fever!  Can't this little girl have a rest? 

And did I mention, today is my birthday.  Happy birthday to me.....when I blew out my candels tonight I totally wished for a trip to InstaCare.  Um, no.  I wished for health for Erin. 

Ok.  I'll be alright.  I'm done with my little vent.  Erin is going to be fine and today is just another day for me to grow older.  I'm going to go relax and do a crossword puzzle.  I have much to be thankful for.  There isn't anything more beautiful than seeing three little kids grinning ear to ear and telling each other not to tell mommy what's in her wrapped presents.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, poor sweet little bear. Prayers that she recovers quickly from all of this! And what a wonderful gift - your children telling you what you got, before you open it! Happy Birthday Jill, and here's to many more getting to celebrate with ALL of your children!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Happy Birthday, Jill! I wish I could come over and give you a little break for your birthday. The life of a mommy... it just never stops! Not even for your birthday! :)

    It sounds like Erin has really been through the ringer lately - poor girl! I hope she can kick all of that once and for all. Yeast infections are awful! I want to kick and scream having those as an adult, I can't imagine her being so little and dealing with one. :( We'll be saying lots of prayers for Erin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't know me, but I wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope Erin recovers quickly from her infections, so you can have a day free of worry and maybe even get a little rest! You are a strong & amazing woman. May tomorrow be a better day!

    Kristina (Friend of Kate Lee and Lara's sister)

    ReplyDelete