Pages

On June 1, 2010 our two year old, "Little Air Bear," was diagnosed with Childhood Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Type M7. After enduring 146 days at Primary Children's Hospital, Erin is now in remission and living a full life at home with our family. Her strong will and constant happy smile is an inspiration to us all. Through our difficult circumstances we found great strength and peace in our Savior, Jesus Christ. Thank you for checking in on us.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Bunch of Pictures!

Her cuteness, all ready for church.


Two sisters all dolled up....


...with a handsome brother who wants his picture taken too.


Then things start getting silly, but then, what's new.


And then they all fall down laughing.
"Brothers and sisters
are as close
as hands and feet"
--Vietnamese Proverb


Enjoying the last days of summer at the beach. 



Erin loves her 'Rapunzel hair' and she loves doing a salon with her sister.  The girls did my hair and John's hair (he wouldn't give his consent to post those).  Caleb got into it too and brushed my hair for 10 minutes, it felt so good. 


Riding her new scooter.


The last three days Erin was sporting a mild fever (99.9 to 100.5) and had pale skin with crabby mood swings and lots of crying in the night. Last night she slept through the night and woke up with a normal 98.7 temperature.  Phew! 

John and I were on pins and needles those few days wondering about the R word (relapse).  John had some bad dreams and I just kept reliving those horrible days of her diagnosis.  I picked up the phone many times to dial her Oncologist to order a blood test, but every time I told myself to just wait a few more days and not overreact.

In a normal kid I wouldn't think much of a mild fever, but in a cancer kid it can mean that the cancer is coming back.  Some symptoms of AML are fevers, bruises, anemia (due to low platelets), tiredness, aches and pains in the limbs (due to build-up of leukemia cells in the joints), and infections.  Thank goodness she hardly has a bruise on her body right now!

1 comment:

  1. Erin looks so tall, and her hair is really cute! I love the pictures with all the kids, and I miss them! Yesterday I told Seth that Cecily and Caleb and Erin go to school too and it helped him I think. We will hope and pray for no more fevers or anything of the sort.

    ReplyDelete