Pages

On June 1, 2010 our two year old, "Little Air Bear," was diagnosed with Childhood Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Type M7. After enduring 146 days at Primary Children's Hospital, Erin is now in remission and living a full life at home with our family. Her strong will and constant happy smile is an inspiration to us all. Through our difficult circumstances we found great strength and peace in our Savior, Jesus Christ. Thank you for checking in on us.

Friday, June 1, 2012

2 Years Ago

June 1st will forever remain in my heart as a very difficult day.  Two years ago today we were told that our 23 month old Erin's blood test showed abnormal cancer cells and that she had Acute Myeloid Leukemia.  

There is a very vivid slow motion movie in my mind of the first few hours of Erin's diagnosis, I almost wish I could show that to you so you could completely understand what it's like.

We took Erin's cancer on with brave faces and bits of humor (when we could find some), but I would never wish anyone to have to go through cancer with their child.  We had hearts full of faith and hope and we relied heavily on the atonement of our Savior to get us through.  It is an experience I would never want to repeat.  We are so grateful to have it behind us, and we rejoice every day that we get further from it.  

Erin has been in remission for about 18 months, we can truly breathe easily when she hits that 5 year complete remission mark when her chance of getting AML again is pretty much nil.  

Hear what Erin has to say....



You can donate

We have been fundraising for our CureSearch walk comping up at the end of the summer.  Very humbly we'd like to announce that right now our team is leading the entire state in fundraising!  Did you just see me do a jump kick?


We are only about $1900 shy of our $5000 goal.
I challenge you to donate $5 right now!
I double dare you!

Please, donate HERE.

100% of donations go to CureSearch. 

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow your CureSearch fundraising is out of control! Way to go! I'm so excited for our Utah CureSearch efforts! You guys are killing it this year! (And I'm a little jealous, too. :))

    And I can't believe it's been two years! Where does the time go? Congrats!

    ReplyDelete