Pages

On June 1, 2010 our two year old, "Little Air Bear," was diagnosed with Childhood Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Type M7. After enduring 146 days at Primary Children's Hospital, Erin is now in remission and living a full life at home with our family. Her strong will and constant happy smile is an inspiration to us all. Through our difficult circumstances we found great strength and peace in our Savior, Jesus Christ. Thank you for checking in on us.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Pictures Of A Two Year Old Cancer Survivor!

Erin's Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML Type M7) has changed a lot about our lives.  I am still in awe that we went through so much - it almost seems unreal - like a dream.  Erin's 4 month appointment is scheduled for Thursday and of course I'm anxious to just get the results of her blood work and then live another month of a normal life - cancer free.

I am continually amazed at how much Erin has changed in appearance in this last year.  She went from a very sick blonde toddler, to a strong bald beauty, to an energetic brown haired little girl.  I have been scouring my house for a little envelope I have that contains a lock of Erin's blonde hair from the day that I cut off her pigtails and shaved her head.  But, I have obviously put is somewhere "safe" and as all of us mothers know about putting things in "safe" places - I'll probably randomly find it in a few years if I have any luck.

I love the many looks of Erin's hair as it's been growing in.
I thought I'd take a picture of her everyday this week.
So on to the pictures . . .

The stylish tub look
(you can also see the scar where her
broviac central line "tube-ees" were)


The wet look.
AND PLEASE NOTICE . . .
the flower is attached to her hair
not a headband!
Of course, it didn't stay there long.


The I'm Too Wild For My Hair Look.


The Fluffy Fro-Head Look
It never looked like this before cancer.


The Everyday Messy Princess Look.
After 4 months, I finally pulled this princess dress out of her drawer and let her wear it.  She wore it so much in the hospital that I just couldn't see her in it at home.  It reminded me of lots of long worrisome days spent in the hospital.  She is taller now and it fits her better.  She has worn it everyday since, and has been sleeping in it too.

And this lovely sideways shot (that blog spot won't let me change)
of her as she looks most of the time.
I think it's funny this outfit still fits her.
She wore it last July HERE


Tags: "Acute Myeloid Leukemia"


4 comments:

  1. what a beautiful girl! she is growing up - she looks older to me. i love that picture of her with the black bow/headband (first off that headband is so cute!!) - she is adorable! yay for four months down cancer free! anxious to hear about a clean blood test, as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pics! Gotta love that little munchkin. I don't know if I've ever told you what your blog does for me. It's so nice to have when I'm going through the rounds. I'll have questions like "what chemos are they using again?" and "how many days did they stay in the hospital? stay home?" It's a nice standard to compare to so I know more of what to expect. Thanks for always writing! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics! Can't wait to see you all in a few days!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, she has grown up so much since last June. I love all her hair-do pictures, she is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete